[TowerTalk] R7 Mounted ontop of a triband yagi

To: ve3tes@cogeco.ca, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] R7 Mounted ontop of a triband yagi
From: RLVZ@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 14:30:22 EDT
Hi Mark,

That's a great question!  I can't wait to hear what the guys  say as I'd like
to try the same setup myself.  My gut  feeling is that since each antenna
will have different polarization that you  won't need much separation between
the
two antennas.

But I am thinking that you may need to insulate the vertical from the
tower/mast in order to maintain reasonable SWR.  Otherwise, the whole  tower
and
tribander may load up as part of the antenna.  I've had this  problem when
mounting verticals on metal masts before.

73,
Dick- K9OM

In a message dated 10/10/2008 1:23:45 P.M. Central Daylight Time,