Re: [TowerTalk] to anodize or not to anodize

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] to anodize or not to anodize
From: "Dan Zimmerman N3OX" <n3ox@n3ox.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 23:29:16 -0400

> I'm thinking that it will actually serve to
> reduce electrical conductivity when, in fact, I want it to be maximum.

We're not even talking a small reduction here.  Heavily anodized aluminum's
surface is really a pretty tough insulator.  You can stick meter probe leads
on it and read a real open.  If you press hard enough you should be able to
crack the oxide.  Your intuition is on.

If you want to anodize it so it looks nice you might be able to have them
mask the areas you want to bolt stuff to.   That'd look pretty cool, bunch
of lightning arrestors and ground clamps on a black (or whatever) background
;-)

73,
Dan