Re: [TowerTalk] Amphenol PL259

To: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Amphenol PL259
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 21:02:45 -0400
Richards wrote:
> Did you have to buy a special crimp tool?    Was it costly?

Every thing is relative.  They are pretty much standard crimp tools
available from a number of sources, nothing special about them.
Costly?  In that, by year's end I will have installed about 30 N
connectors on LMR-600, at least as many if not more on Davis Bury Flex
and LMR-400, I would not consider the tools expensive considering the
number of connectors installed.

Probably another 30 or so, UHF and N crimp on CNT-240, BuryFlex, and
RG-8X.  Depending on whose you purchase and from whom, they run from
around $50 or so to maybe $120.  The die set for LMR-400 also has a spot
for the CNT/LMR-240/RG-8X.   For a single run of coax it would be very
expensive but so would individual coax strippers for each size. (RG-6,
LMR-240, LMR-400/BuryFlex, and LMR-600 - That's 3 different strippers)

73

Roger (K8RI)