Re: [TowerTalk] Guying self-supporters

To: TOWERTALK@contesting.com, Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guying self-supporters
From: Mark Spencer <mspencer12345@yahoo.ca>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 15:15:59 -0800 (PST)
Thanks.   Do you recall were the guys viewed as a "supplement" or were you
essentially going from a self supporting tower to a guyed tower once you added
the guy wires (ie.  did you still need the original self supporting base once
guys were added ?)

I've always been very skeptical about the concept of adding guys to self
supporting towers and I'm interested in hearing about manufactures that either
condone or recommend this.