[TowerTalk] Telrex Beams

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Telrex Beams
From: "KB1H" <kb1h@ct.metrocast.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 08:41:48 -0500
I have a few here that I purchased fairly cheaply years ago. Performance is not
too bad even with the poor computer simulation. I do have a 15M and 20M 5
element beam which I believe the bigger beams perform better than the shorter
booms.

K2EK Wrote:

In retrospect, these are heavy antennas.  The through the boom mounting looks
robust.  However, it made on the tower assembly very difficult.  Worse yet,
the bolt holding the element would eat into the aluminum just enough to loosen
the mounting.  Eventually, the boom would saw through the element.  Grrrr!

If you put any of these beams up make sure to heliarc (aluminum welding) the
element as they go through the beam. This will prevent the inevitable above.

The Telrex might not model well but it makes more QSOs in the air than on the
ground if you have one already.

Dick - KB1H

Visit "The Barnstormers Contest Group - NZ1U"
website http://www.qsl.net/kb1h/

24/7 Webcam Link on the website

Email KB1H@arrl.net   YCCC----> http://www.yccc.org/

KB1H DXSpider Node ------>  dxc.kb1h.com port 7300