[TowerTalk] Feeding a long distance yagi

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Feeding a long distance yagi
From: Roger Cooke <g3ldi@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 19:50:01 +0000 (GMT)
Hi Y'all.

  Next Spring I intend putting up a 402CD 2-el 40m beam on an 80ft
tower which is situated about 300ft from the shack. I have considered
several choices of feed systems.

1.  catenary supported low-loss coax, such as Westflex 103, together
with the rotor control cable.

2.  Buried cables, not really possible in this place.

3.  Coax partway down the tower, balun converted into open-wire feeder
and back again to coax at the shack end. Problem with supporting the
feeder and the control cable however.

    After this, I rather run out of ideas, but would be open to any
good suggestions. I rather think that option 1 is going to be my
solution however.
   I don't fancy putting it on top of my SteppIr, which is on a 120ft
tower about 100ft from the shack, but that tower could help support
the cables.  Perhaps I already have the solution but would just like
someone to confirm it! Hi.
   Anyway, all comments gratefully received.

Regards from Roger, G3LDI
Swardeston, Norfolk.