[TowerTalk] Just set up a long mast Screwdriver Antenna - was 43 ft vert

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Just set up a long mast Screwdriver Antenna - was 43 ft vertical
From: Michael Germino <ad6aa@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 09:43:40 -0800 (PST)
You can top load it.

You can put a much larger Cap Hat on it than if you were going down the road.

It would play great on 40, 80 and 160 meters.

You can tune it with a simple switch.

Down side is some of the other bands may not work. (I guess if you make the
total length 43 feet it would work just as good.  HI) But with a little bit of
figuring you may be able to find the right length.  Might get some of the other
bands to work on a odd multiple of a quarter wave.

After I home-brewed a Screwdriver Antenna for the pickup a few years back, I've
been thinking off and on about a stationary Screwdriver Antenna for the low
bands.

Mike
73, AD6AA