Re: [TowerTalk] 25 g turnbuckle size

To: "'Tower Talk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 25 g turnbuckle size
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2008 11:31:48 -0500 (EST)
We've heard this again and again, and it applies to this thread:  Follow the
manufacturer's recommendations.

For Rohn 25, the manufacturer recommends 3/8" hot dip galvanized turnbuckles.

Turnbuckles typically have three load ratings:
  - working load limit (WLL),
  - proof load (2.5 times WLL), and
  - ultimate load (5 times WLL)

For Rohn's recommended 3/8" hot dip galvanized turnbuckles, the safe working
load is 800 pounds, the proof load is 2000 pounds and the ultimate load is 4000
pounds.  This is a good match to the 4000 pound breaking strength of HPTG4000.

73
Frank
W3LPL