Re: [TowerTalk] Gin Pole for AN Wireless - Recommendation Needed

To: wg5j@me.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gin Pole for AN Wireless - Recommendation Needed
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 15:53:52 EST

In a message dated 12/1/2008 12:32:11 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
wg5j@me.com writes:

>  I get the crane thing for initial install.  What about  after the tower is
up and I want to pull one of the beams down?  A gin  pole has a lot of uses.
Bringing a crane out to do  antennas maintenance seems like a waste of money.

    Well, that wasn't your question. If you have some  sort of mast sticking
out the top of some length, you just use that for a  lifting point. In that
case a ginpole is redundant.

    Or you stage everything so that the crane stacks  the tower sections,
lifts the mast up and then lifts the antennas up. One  visit, one bill and
you're
done.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC