Re: [TowerTalk] vertical antenna ground loss

To: Al Williams <alwilliams@olywa.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] vertical antenna ground loss
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2008 11:24:26 -0700
Any explanation of verticals needs to address the demonstrated
fact that they work very well on 160 meters, and still work well
on 80 meters but gradually become ineffective as the frequency
goes up.  Either the ground or the ionosphere or both are frequency
and/or polarization dependent.

Most treatises on verticals completely punt on these issues.

Rick N6RK