Re: [TowerTalk] 160M Antenna - Ideas

To: "Richards" <jruing@ameritech.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160M Antenna - Ideas
From: "Wilson A. Caselli" <wcaselli@webkorner.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 15:22:33 -0500
Maybe you could use your 80 meter vertical as part of a 160 meter inverted
L.
Some folks use a coaxial trap about 50 ft. up the antenna to block 80
meters, then
feed a long line out from there.

I have a friend who also has a hy-tower who made the above connection at the
tip of the vertical element (about 53 ft), and he is happy with it.

My purchased 160 meter kit from Hy-Gain places a 40 meter trap at the 24
foot
level of the hy-tower, then about 105 feet of wire going out from there.

My antenna is incomplete, needing tuning.  My MFJ-259 will not work
with the hy-tower as 50KW AM radio 1110 KHz at 6 miles away wipes-out any
SWR readings, so I will have to shorten, then measure.

Hopefully this is of some help,

Wilson Caselli, K1MIJ