To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 72, Issue 30
From: "Kinney John" <J.Kinney@freescale.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 13:55:50 -0700
SNIP>>>

RICHARD SOLOMON wrote;

Is there a reason why the HAM-IV Manual I downloaded
from the MFJ site does not show the Calibrate Switch on
the schematic ??
It seems a simple enough thing to show, it has been part
of the Control Box for eons !!
Very discouraging ....

73, Dick, W1KSZ

SNIP>>>

Dick,

This is because there is no calibrate "SWITCH" in the new Ham IV Rotator
controllers.  The 5k Ohm potentiometer is there for calibration
purposes.  The written procedure for calibrating the "newer" Ham IV
rotators has also changed.  I have an older manual, With the "switch",
if you would like a copy.

73's
KA7CVJ
John Kinney