[TowerTalk] 12-14-2008 update on Palmdale ham radio ban

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 12-14-2008 update on Palmdale ham radio ban
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 04:58:33 -0800 (PST)
Many hams (if not most) would like an absolute law allowing them to put up
towers/antennas... This is not going to happen in your lifetime, or mine...

Even as Palmdale heats up there are innumerable other communities where people
are, this very minute, complaining to the municiple authorities about antennas
of all kinds - including 'your' ham radio antennas - and also parked RV's, lawn
ornaments, political signs, the color of the paint, weeds, sofa's on the front
porch, and on, and on... Elected officials respond to those who elected them -
it is called the democratic system of government..

As a minority, we hams have to depend upon the courts to protect us from the
tyranny of the majority...  We as a minority are ENTITLED to exactly as much
justice as we can AFFORD...  Palmdale will come down to who can afford more
justice, the town or the hams...  Whining won't change it...  Only money will...

denny / k8do