Re: [TowerTalk] 40-m. 4-Square vs. 40-m. Yagi

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40-m. 4-Square vs. 40-m. Yagi
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 22:39:35 -0600
EZNEC says that the shorty-40 at 90 feet should kill the vertical and
the four square.  The only angle where the four square has more gain is
at 41 to 56 degrees elevation where the shorty-40 has a null.  You
should be seeing something like 12 dB difference between your vertical
and the shorty-40 for DX signals, in favor of the shorty-40.  Sounds
like you have something wrong with your shorty-40.

Jerry, K4SAV