Re: [TowerTalk] 40-m. 4-Square vs. 40-m. Yagi - Update

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40-m. 4-Square vs. 40-m. Yagi - Update
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 08:44:34 -0600
A four square over salt water is very difficult to build.  It almost
requires a salt water marsh.  If you have salt water available, you may
want to check out the vertical phased dipoles that some of the
DXpeditions have been using lately.  It's actually a two element beam
oriented vertically with two elements configured in a diamond shape.
This should beat your XM240 by a significant amount below about 13
degrees elevation.  Don't try this over average ground.  The ground will
eat your signal.

Jerry, K4SAV