Re: [TowerTalk] 160 Mtr Vertical Query

To: Barry Merrill <barry@mxg.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 160 Mtr Vertical Query
From: Richards <jruing@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 2009 18:28:21 -0500
I have only used mine for a few tries, and I think I agree with Barry's
assessment.  It is WAY better than what I had used for 160 before
and has much wider bandwidth  (formerly using AlphaDelta DX-B sloper.)

But I must confess that I have had such good results with it on 80 and 40
that I have pretty much remained on those bands.

I will know more as I try it on 160... but I am already convinced it was
worth the money and effort.   I have not tried it, but I am confident
Barry's results would be repeated here, and others I have talked
to using it with some extra wire have thought it worked better on
the low band that way.

I would encourage you to try it.

(Sorry, I cannot address the DX vs Local aspect.... not enough data...
very good question, though.  Probably the most important part of
your question to you... )