[TowerTalk] Crimper for Belden 9913

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Crimper for Belden 9913
From: Mark Spencer <mspencer12345@yahoo.ca>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 18:00:20 -0800 (PST)
Sorry for a possibly off topic post, but I'm wondering if any one has any
wisdom crimping N connectors onto Belden 9913F7 that they could share with
me.

According to the Amphenol web site http://www.amphenolrf.com/pdf/283.pdf the
center pin for Amphenol 9913 conectors needs to be crimped with a .116 inch
die.   I've looked high and low for a .116 inch die for my crimper and can't
find one, I do have a .128 inch die and according to the RF parts web site that
is the appropiate size for crimping 9913 center pins.    (The crimp for the
outer connector seems to be a common .429 inch size.)

Google searches for .116 inch dies and crimpers are not turning anything up
either.

I'm wondering if the amphenol connectors need a different size crimper than
other common connectors ?    I've always had good results using amphenol brand
connectors and would like to use them going forwards.

I've seen several other crimpers advertised for crimping 9913 connectors but
they don't specify the die sizes.  I'm reluctant to order one with out knowing
what the die sizes are.

Does any one have any practical experience they can share with me about
crimping N connectors to Belden 9913F7 cable ?   I'd really like to use crimp
style connectors going forwards but I want to make sure I crimp them properly.

73's

Mark
VE7AFZ

favourite sites. Download it now at