[TowerTalk] AC Winch for Rohn FK25G

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] AC Winch for Rohn FK25G
From: "aschnabolk" <aschnabolk@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2009 17:31:57 -0500
Hi All,
I have a Rohn FK25G 68 foot fold over, the one that folds at 31.5 ft, with a 4
element SteppIR on it. The manual cranking to fold over, then raise the tower
is becoming more difficult as I get older, and I've been thinking of adding a
powered winch. Before doing this I thought I would ask the Group if this has
tried before, what recommendations you might have as to the winch size, type or
model number? I have AC at the base of the tower.  Any suggestions would be
appreciated.

73's
Al  W2OIB