[TowerTalk] Yaesu G-450A rotor troubles

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu G-450A rotor troubles
From: KI9A@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 12:10:27 EST
Gang-

I am on my 2nd Yaesu 450a rotor, in the past 4 years. The rotor is fine,  the
control box has issues. Here is what I see:

Indicator seems to work fine, going from due south, clockwise, until it  gets
about 300 degrees. then it seems to stumble, and, stops at 90 degrees  east.
The rotor rotates the whole 360.  The problem isn't  with the rotor, as I
have 2 rotors, and both act the exact same.

Could it be the pot in the box, or the little motor that drives the
indicator needle?  I would guess I'm not the only one who has had this  issue,
any
comments, or ideas?

Thanks

73- Chuck KI9A