Re: [TowerTalk] Tool name?

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tool name?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 18:15:23 -0500

K7LXC@aol.com wrote:
> Howdy, TowerTalkians --
>
>     What is the name of the closed-end, single  sized wrench that has a
> plastic inner ratchet and you can reverse it by  moving a little lever? I've
> used
> them but I don't know what they're called.  Tnx.

It's a box ratchet, but there has to be a proper name for the thing. The
only place I've seen them was when they were advertised on TV a couple
of years back.  The ones I saw didn't have a lever, you had to turn the
wrench over.  I was thinking, that'd be real handy backing a bolt out in
a tight space if you didn't have enough room to get the wrench off the
bolt. <:-))  I've often thought a set of them with a reversing lever
like you described would be very handy.

73

Roger (K8RI)