Re: [TowerTalk] Tool name? (offset ratcheting box-end wrenches)

To: "'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tool name? (offset ratcheting box-end wrenches)
From: "Mike, K6BR" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 19:31:26 -0800
You are dead right Dick.

I needed large wrenches to tighten the 1 -1/8" bolts on my tower base. I got
a set of V groove combination wrenches and a set of Deep sockets, both going
up to  1-1/4" for a third of the price of one wrench from snap on. If I were
using these wrenches everyday for my work, then I might invest in Snap on.
The Harbor Freight tools have a free lifetime replacement, so you can't
really go wrong.

I had really cheap 2 dollar 3/8" ratchet start to slip, I took it back and
the guy told me to pick any ratchet in the store to replace it, like a true
Ham I picked the most expensive swivel ratchet I could find and the guy said
no problem. Their cordless drills with 10 dollar in stock spare battery
packs are unbeatable.  I tried to get a replacement battery for my Sears
drill and they wanted 40 dollars for it and it would have to be special
order, I ended up throwing a perfectly good drill away.

Mike, K6BR