Re: [TowerTalk] Old safety belt

To: towertalk@contesting.com, W4ABW@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Old safety belt
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 13:55:33 EST

In a message dated 2/2/2009 9:02:22 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  I was climbing yesterday and it occurred to me that I was  using quite an
old
belt. Its a W2ONV belt which I think was  purchased in the seventies. It
still looks like new but its not. Any  comments from the list on wheather
this
belt is still safe ? The  belt is a waist belt with the one lanyard. Oh, just

found the date,  its 3-81, model is 246.

    Well, as long as it and the lanyard are not  leather and they don't have
any obvious damage, then they're probably  fine but a 27 year old piece of
safety equipment might be worth replacing.

Almost everyone nowadays has abandoned safety  belts for fall arrest
harnesses (FAH) that'll catch you much safer than a  safety belt will.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
Champion Radio Products
Purveyor of OSHA approved safety equipment
Cell: 206-890-4188