Re: [TowerTalk] 90 Degree Adapters (UG 645/U)

To: "'towertalk reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 90 Degree Adapters (UG 645/U)
From: "Jim Walker" <jim@walkersdomain.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 18:11:29 -0600
 My experience is not all 90 degree adapters are created equal.

Don't even mess with the cheap ones.  Go with the Amphenol ones or better.
Especially if your are running power like you have said.

I had several 90 adapters inline a few years ago and began to observe
intermittent movement of the SWR, etc.  In time, I determined the cause to
be in one or more of the 90 adapters.  So I removed all of them.  I had to
move equipment around as well.  The problems disappeared.

Later I purchased some expensive ones at a hamfest.  They were much heavier
and looked heftier.  I have two in line now.  I haven't had any issues with
them for a year or so.

Others may have had success using the less expensive brands.  Maybe they
weren't QRO operators.

Jim
KBØX