Re: [TowerTalk] 43 foot Vertical

To: <jayt@arraysolutions.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 43 foot Vertical
From: "Tod -MN" <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 12:32:37 -0600
Jay, you are entirely correct. I did garble your article and I apologize.

I clearly remembered the inductor from the pictures and for some reason
decided you had made the antenna 'long' and then used a series capacitor to
cancel the capacitive reactance and a shunt inductor to step up the
resistance. I must have been reading too many discussions about making an
inverted L 'long' and then cancelling the inductive reactance with a series,
remote tuned capacitor.

I don't believe I made any comment about the plot for the ZF-43 so that must
be a separate topic.

Thank you for correcting my error Jay.

73, Tod, K0TO