[TowerTalk] Desired play (gap) between steel tube leg and sleeve on Rohn

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Desired play (gap) between steel tube leg and sleeve on Rohn 25
From: "Leonard Els" <leonard@cs.ukzn.ac.za>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:12:23 +0200
How much play (gap) should there be between leg and sleeve of sections?
I have picked up some used tower sections (looks like Rohn 25 design)
which dont want to fit neatly inside the other on the ground - let alone
trying mid-air.

It may be the sleeves need to be honed a bit due to some old grit
clogging them up - but then I am concerned this would weaken the
structure.  Does anyone know What the designed wall thickness on the
sleeve tube should be?   and the desired gap between sleeve and leg to
ensure ease of installation but also still ensuring a secure tower?

Thanks
Crazyhorse