Re: [TowerTalk] Professional HF curtain arrays

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Professional HF curtain arrays
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 11:28:37 -0500 (EST)
John,

Edmund Laport's book "Radio Antenna Engineering" contains many photos of
professionally installed large curtain arrays.  Figure 3.104 shows the rigging
methods used to connect the feeder to the dipoles.

I use similar methods for the four full size 80 meter 2 element quads suspended
from my 200 foot towers.  I use three strand AWG 12 copperweld wire (often
called "Rhombic Wire") for the loops and open wire feeders.  My rigging methods
are identical to those shown in the Laport book.

A free digital copy of the book can be downloaded at:

http://www.lulu.com/items/volume_3/159000/159004/1/print/RadioAntennaEngineering-lulu.pdf

73
Frank
W3LPL