Re: [TowerTalk] Tennadyne

To: ryoung158@gmail.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tennadyne
From: jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 06:55:24 -0500
Ron,

I replaced my kt34a with a T8, some years ago.
It played about the same, but got me 17 and 12m.
No tuning required.  under 2:1 across all bands.  I MIGHT have suffered
a small reduction in f/b on 20m, but nothing consequential.

When a falling tree wiped out the tower and antenna, I replaced the t8
with a 3 el SteppIR.   Definite upgrade.

At the time, the relative prices were closer... $400 for the T8 and
$1k for the steppIR.
The gap is somewhat wider today.

A t6 won't give you the f/b you have with the kt34a.   But you won't
have the maintenance
or tuning issues.   As someone else observed, the Tennadyne logs are
pre-drilled, no
adjustment required.

N2EA