Re: [TowerTalk] impedance measuring antennas

To: W5LT <W5LT@verizon.net>, <n8de@thepoint.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] impedance measuring antennas
From: "John Lyles" <jtml@losalamos.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 14:08:48 -0700
Exactly Bob. But I wouldn't want to be the one who has to run up the tower for
short, back down to press 'SHORT DONE' and back up for open, down to press
'OPEN DONE'....you get the idea!

I remember (oops, dating myself) when the big antenna ranges (like Harris' in
Hannibal, MO, for television broadcast) all had the old HP8754 "portables"
strapped up on their rigs. Now you couldn't give one of those VNAs away.