Re: [TowerTalk] yagi feedpoint connections.........

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] yagi feedpoint connections.........
From: Dan Edward Dba East edwards <dan.n.edwards@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 15:36:34 -0700 (PDT)
thanks dave.

(we certainly heard K1TTT this last weekend!)

as Pat, W5WMU, and I get older, we get less enthusiastic about repairing longer
boom hf yagi feedpoints that are up high........feedpoints impossible to reach
without
tilting/ducking guy wires, or lowering completely. antennas that have been up
for

since we're shooting for better reliability and easier maintenance, i'm looking
for
longevity. of course, i suppose we could just make everything 3 elements, and
just use a LOT of them...............

still, since everything else seems to have changed in this hobby during my
hiatus,
i was curious if a 21st century solution had appeared.

73 from texas, dan W5XZ