Re: [TowerTalk] tuning A3s

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] tuning A3s
From: <john@kk9a.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 00:59:34 -0000
I have installed a Cushcraft A3 at 30 feet maximum on DX-Peditions using
factory settings and the antenna worked fine in the segment that I set it
for.  I think something is either wrong with your measurements or the traps.
If you have deviate much from the factory settings so it will be resonate
inside the band,  the director and reflector dimensions may also be off and
you won't have the proper pattern.  Before condemning the antenna, I would
use another method of checking the SWR.