[TowerTalk] Anyone know the CURRENT Los Angeles County Zoning Rule for T

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Anyone know the CURRENT Los Angeles County Zoning Rule for Twr HGT?
From: "NE6V" <NE6V@roadrunner.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 09:33:53 -0700
Hello To All,

    On Monday, I had the joy of contacting the Los Angeles County Planning
Department. The question I had was/is; what is(if any) the tower and antenna
height limit for an AMATEUR RADIO station(operator) living within Los Angeles
County, in County area(meaning not in an incorporated area)?All though the
question is simple enough, the answer has not been easy to get, in fact I'm
still waiting for a "corrected" response. The initial response I got from a
"regional planner" was, "communication towers, 35 feet!" I immediately
corrected him and stated its not a "communications tower" but rather a "Amateur
Radio Tower". He paused and then replied, "oh.... I see, I will have to look
in to this and I'll get back to you."

    Well, I'm still waiting.

    Does any local stations have any information on this matter?

Thank You in Advance.

73
de
NE6V~Joe Vega
ARRL Los Angeles Section Affiliated Club Coordinator
ARRL Life Member