Re: [TowerTalk] [SCCC] [Fwd: Anyone know the CURRENT Los AngelesCounty Z

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>, "Marty Woll" <n6vi@socal.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [SCCC] [Fwd: Anyone know the CURRENT Los AngelesCounty Zoning Rule for Twr HGT?]
From: "NE6V" <NE6V@roadrunner.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 21:04:39 -0700
Hello Marty and to all,
I would like to thank everyone here on the reflector for the VERY HELPFUL
advice and LINKS to relevant websites and databases of the Los Angeles
County Code. I HAVE with everyone's HELP found the EXACT CODE that applies.
Some interesting highlights:

Need a permit for structures above 35 feet .

>From Sec. 22.52.1420 Ord. 95-0017 § 1 (in part reads: "shall be equipped
with a

motorized device and mechanical device, each capable of lowering  ...."

Maximum height is 75' or a "CUP" will be required.

In part reads: 22.52.1440 Application for permit

    The application shall be on a form supplied by the planning department
and shall
be accompanied by the following information, maps and plans:
1. Site plans drawn to scale and dimensioned, showing the proposed location
of the antenna structure;
2. Manufacturer's specifications of the antenna structure;
3. Details of footings, guys, and braces;
4. Details of attaching or fixing the antenna structure to the roof, if
applicable;
5. Elevations drawn to scale and dimensions so as to fully describe the
proposed structure;
6. A statement indicating any mitigation measures proposed to minimize any
adverse effects of the antenna or antenna structure. Such measures may
include screening, painting, increased setbacks from property lines, and
safety devices;
7. A statement of the reasons why strict conformance with the development
standards specified in Section 22.52.1430 will unreasonably interfere with
the operator's ability to receive or transmit signals, or impose
unreasonable costs on the amateur radio operator when viewed in light of the
cost of the equipment;
8. A list, certified to be correct by affidavit or by a statement under
penalty of perjury, of the names and addresses of all persons who are shown
on the latest available assessment roll of the county of Los Angeles as
owners of the subject parcel of land and as owning property within a
distance of 500 feet from the exterior boundaries of the parcel of land to
be occupied by the amateur radio antenna use;
9. Two sets of mailing labels for the above-stated owners within a distance
of 500 feet of the parcel of land to be occupied by the antenna;
10. A map drawn to a scale specified by the director indicating where all
such ownerships are located;
11. A filing fee equivalent to the fee for site plan review of residential
site plans in hillside areas, as prescribed by Section 22.60.100.
B. A copy of the application materials shall be referred by the planning
director to the fire department for review and comment prior to issuance of
the permit. (Ord. 95-0017 § 1 (part), 1995.)

I'm expecting a fight, I live on a corner property irregular shaped, and the
tower has to be put at the front, of the home at the corner of garage and
house. It can not go in the rear yard, I have 2 So.Cal Edison drops both
cutting across the entire property in the rear at 45 degrees each!!

Thank You Guys Thank you Marty!

73
DE
NE6V
ARRL Los Angeles Section Affiliated Club Coordinator
ARRL Life Member