[TowerTalk] HFTA and DEMS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] HFTA and DEMS
From: "Dubovsky, George" <George.Dubovsky@andrew.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 08:53:53 -0400
Has anyone successfully downloaded map information (for HFTA) in GeoTIFF
format from seamless.usgs.gov recently, like this week? I have been
trying all week to get a download, but the process always hangs at the
same place. I have tried IE7 and Firefox, on two different networks. The
opening page of the usgs site mentions download difficulties in BIL and
GridFloat formats (whatever they are), but they say nothing about
GeoTIFF. I can download in the standard ArcGrid format every time, but I
don't think I can use the info in that format. I talked to a fellow at
usgs in CO, I have sent an inquiry to the server folks in SD, but so
far, no joy.

Any hints?

73,

geo - n4ua