Re: [TowerTalk] 4 square switching relays

To: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 4 square switching relays
From: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 09:53:57 -0400
At 09:39 AM 3/26/2009, jimlux wrote:
>I think what makers of such boxes do is buy a few relays, build some
>boxes, sell them, and see what the market tells them.  If the first few
>customers complain about the relays failing, they find another kind of
>relay, build new boxes, send em out, etc.  (or, the first boxes are being
>built for a buddy, or a semicustom sort of installation).

I know this was not the case at TopTen.  George, W2VJN described the
testing process he used to make sure the relays they use can do the
job.  IIRC, it included extended key-down tests as maximum legal power and
more, into a relatively high SWR.  You can probably find his message fairly
easily if you search the archive of this list for his callsign and simply
the word relay.

73, Pete N4ZR