Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 76, Issue 3 XR5

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] TowerTalk Digest, Vol 76, Issue 3 XR5
From: W4ABW@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 16:35:09 EDT
I considered the XR5 too. I think that's the one with an 18 foot boom. I  was
told by Force12 that a Low Profile tower that they also make would carry it
fine. I have forgotten the model of the tower but it was 42 feet, crank up
with  a drill and could be colored to match the surroundings.

I plan now to get a lighter weight antenna and probably will get the
OptiBeam OBW10-5. To me it looks a little like a TV antenna but I hope it
works.

Al