[TowerTalk] Cage dipole revisited.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cage dipole revisited.
From: Dan Zimmerman N3OX <n3ox@n3ox.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 20:11:59 -0400
About a month ago (4 March), I posted about a newly hatched business plan of
mine and referred to a cage dipole that sold for $350 and had 5dBd claimed
gain.  There was possibly an implication in my post that **any such claim**
was a **lie**, and that I had some specific knowledge that a factual
mis-statement must be taking place if such a statement is made.

I have since been contacted by an individual whose company sells an antenna
meeting that description, and that individual assures me that the gain claim
for his company's antenna is truthful,  based on an engineering analysis,
and he is concerned that my implication could be harmful to his business,
given the truthful nature of his gain claims for his company's antenna.

So I feel I should apologize for any implication that those who sell cage
dipoles with with gain over dipoles are lying. I did not intend to
misrepresent the truth or falsehood of the claims of others.

Based on long established, daily tested antenna physics, any such antenna is
impossible, since it would have to be around 300 percent efficient.  I
cannot know and do not know, however, if those who claim such things are
truthful.   I can only factually maintain that the antenna is impossible.

However, do not take this retraction to mean that have given up on my
business plan of 4 March, as I think there's still a market, and in fact, I
am assured that I have fewer competitors than I thought.

73
Dan