Re: [TowerTalk] cage dipole

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] cage dipole
From: jim Jarvis <jimjarvis@optonline.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 06:37:49 -0400
Horsehockey!

A cage dipole is simply lower Q and therefore will exhibit wider
bandwidth than
a single wire dipole.   It will exhibit NO gain over a single wire
dipole, installed at
the same height, over the same earth.   That's MY engineering analysis.

Wonder if every unit comes with a generous supply of snake oil,
application of
which is required during installation?

Remember, engineers were just as responsible for the gas chambers at
Auschwitz and Dachau,
as they were for the space shuttle--or the two shuttle disasters.
(one of which was a triumph of
management persuasion over engineering reason!)

Hard to believe that the individual threatened you with legal action
if you didn't recant, Dan.

N2EA

Any chance that individual is willing to post said engineering analysis
to his company's web site?  It might be amusing to read.

73,
Dave   AB7E