[TowerTalk] JB Weld

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] JB Weld
From: Dennis W0JX <w0jx@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 10:33:28 -0700 (PDT)
JB Weld is a wonderful adhesive. It has better tensile strength than most
epoxies (listed as 3960 psi on the package). It will adhere to plastics in
situations where most other epoxies will not. It will adhere to aluminum
tenaciously if the surface is cleaned and roughed up a bit.

However I question its insulation qualities at RF. While the packaging says
that it "does not conduct electricity" the packaging also states "The unique
J-B Weld formula of liquid steel and compound hardener..."

Therefore, I would avoid using it where a radiating or parasitic element
touches the compound itself. However, you could put some kind of appropriate
insulating barrier between the J-B Weld compound and the radiating/parasitic
element.

Dennis W0JX/8