[TowerTalk] JB Weld and RF

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] JB Weld and RF
From: "Danny Pease" <dpease@adams.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 06:39:44 -0500
I also have used JB Weld in fairly high RF environment with good results. I
have repaired hundreds of double sided 100 watt VHF PA boards where the
solder joint between the transistor and the copper trace had gotten so hot
it had literally burnt the board (G10) so badly that they burnt fiberglass
had to be removed with a Dremel tool. I used JB Weld to fill in the void
left in the board and place a new copper trace over the JB Weld patch. I
have had absolutely no problems with RF affecting the patch after it was
dried. The PA's tuned they same as before and many have been in the field
for 6 years now.  I am not saying I would use it as dielectric for capacitor
plates, but it did this job very well and I sure wouldn't be afraid to try
it in other RF related applications.

Danny  NG9R