Re: [TowerTalk] New 259B Analyzer.... need Elmer(s)

To: Tim Kass <timkass@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New 259B Analyzer.... need Elmer(s)
From: chas <chasm@texas.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 00:10:00 -0500
Tim Kass wrote:
>  PS>  I removed the batteries as one leaked badly and distroyed part of
> the inside.  Didnt want to repeat that, so now I use a small
> rechargeable battery back and it slips into the small back compartment
> of the pouch, I then run a short lead of wires to a power plug which
> plugs into the external power jack...works better.
>
> tim

thanks Tim, food for thought...

did you make the rechargeable pack or was it a commercial...if so, source?
I can see making one of these from a pair of NiMh 9V (for small size)
and put them in the pouch but am not sure how we could then use the
259B's charger circuit to charge them???  run leads into the pos and
minus battery set poles which then would allow wall wart to feed the
unit and the charger.

I think I would rather just use the NiMh batteries which rarely leak -
if ever? and if alkaline... put the set in a pretty stiff plastic bag.

thanks... still wonder if there is a source for a small, low
discharge, 12 - 15V battery pack for the pouch.  need to re read the
spec's but I THINK it said that 18V was ok.

rats, more than 11, less than 16 when it is on... in sleep or off, can
be up to 18V.  hmmmm.

chas, k5dam