[TowerTalk] Question on Rohn wind area calculations

To: Tower Forum <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Question on Rohn wind area calculations
From: Jon M Knodel <jknodel@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 02:03:18 -0700
First off, thanks to all those that replied about the AB-105 I was trying to
find in Oregon.  I appreciate it.

Do the Rohn wind area capacity numbers just account for antenna area at the top
of the tower and already take into account an assumed value for the rotor and
mast or do these specs give the max wind load for everything you can put up
(rotor, mast and antennas)?  I'm trying to figure out what all I can put up on
a future 70' r25g properly guyed.  I'm starting with a 6.1 sf wind area beam
and going from there.  Thanks.

Jon N7XW