Re: [TowerTalk] plastic forms (!) for cage dipoles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] plastic forms (!) for cage dipoles
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 14:28:32 -0500
Run it's course? I don't think so. Did we get a new moderator on TowerTalk?

I was just looking at those spreaders and wondering if anyone had used them.
How thick and rugged are they? Are they plastic or something that will hold up
to UV?

Also, the webpage didn't say what diameter they were either. Someone said 3" or
4". I was expecting something larger like 6" to 12". That's what you usually
see when fabricated from X braces.

I currently have two 80m sloping dipoles, one cut for CW and the other for SSB.
They are running in different directions. Has anyone had first hand experience
with the bandwidth improvement? It would be nice if my two antennas would cover
the whole band so I could take advantage of what little directivity they
currently exhibit.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

Message: 9