[TowerTalk] broadband matching 50 ohm systems to 75 ohm cable tv coax

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] broadband matching 50 ohm systems to 75 ohm cable tv coax
From: "CRAIG CLARK" <jcclark@wildblue.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 09:43:29 -0400
Broadband 50-75 un-uns have been in the ARRL Antenna Book for many years.
One design used a torroid and capacitor for the impendence transformation.
In my 19th edition, a 1.5-1 device is shown on page 26-15. They are also
commercially available from ICE, Array Solutions and others.

For single band matching, K1XX wrote a very nice article in Ham Radio using
asynchronous transformers in the September 1978 issue.

My solution was to ignore the mismatch. I cored the hardline, cut the outer
shield with a hack saw on two sides, installed a double female UHF
connector, hosed clamped the end to mechanically and electrically bond the
UHF connector to the hardline, attached the other end of my feed line and
then properly added weatherproofing.

Craig Clark K1QX
Radioware
PO Box 209