Re: [TowerTalk] Ladderline. What Kind ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ladderline. What Kind ?
From: Andy <ai.egrps@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 11:31:43 -0400
> Googling it, I found that you can make your own, but it is not clear
> what the impedance is, because it depends on the wire gage and spacing.

Also search for open wire lines.

How much does the exact impedance mean to you?  Do you have a 450.0 ohm
antenna on the end of your line?  One of the advantages of ladder/open wire
line is it tolerates mismatches very well.

The other day I was looking at a website with plots of impedance vs. spacing
and wire diameter, and it's actually not that critical, the impedance
doesn't change that much as you vary the spacing once you get past a couple
hundred ohms.

Andy