[TowerTalk] Advice requested --- Eave Mount

To: "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Advice requested --- Eave Mount
From: "Larry Banks" <larryb.w1dyj@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 11:16:23 -0400
Hi TT'ers

I am bringing up a second station at a 2nd home in Maine.  My first rig will be
for 2M/440 FM, followed by HF.

A question about mounting my FM "stick."  I will be using a Diamond X-510NA or
equivalent (5 pounds, 17.2 feet long, rated for 90 MPH) mounted at the eaves of
the house.  (Yes -- a small roof tower would be a better solution but for now
that is not an option.)

Searching the web turns up a number of Eave Mounts -- two examples are the
Radio Shack #15-0891 for $18 and the Thomas&Betts EM-48 at $25.  (There are
many others, but they all are similar.)  Tessco, naturally, has many styles --
many of which are more robust than needed.

Do any of you have experience with either of these?  What other suggestions
might you have?

Thanks and 73,
Larry Banks    W1DYJ
Massachusetts: FN42kl