Re: [TowerTalk] 6M Beam being weird

To: "'Dan Zimmerman N3OX'" <n3ox@n3ox.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 6M Beam being weird
From: "Scott MacKenzie" <kb0fhp@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 12:06:09 -0400
Thanks Dan.

I removed the dielectric from the tube - the tube was sealed.  Certainly
moisture could be the cause as it occurred suddenly this winter.  I would
not call the tube sealed particularly well.  At one end there was the
dielectric wrapped in electrical tape and the other end was sealed with RTV.
I will probably replace the dielectric and dry out the tube (just to make
sure).

Anything else I should consider?

Scott

  _____