Re: [TowerTalk] AB577

To: "'jim Jarvis'" <jimjarvis@optonline.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AB577
From: "Robert West" <robert.west@eatmoresoap.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 22:23:02 -0400
This is going to be during memorial day weekend for a hamfest.  We're
setting up on an asphalt parking lot area.  We're trying to provide wireless
internet access to the participants and their families.  We have to catch a
free signal from a tower a few miles away so we're trying to get above the
trees as much as we can.  50 feet would "probably" be okay but wanted the
extra cushion.  Will be carrying a small grid antenna and an omni or 4
sector antennas depending on signal quality.  This is a new rig for the
group so we plan on trying to set it up this coming weekend as a trial run
but at the house we can put the normal ground anchors in.  At least we can
get the feel for the messiness of it before we take on the task of
fabricating something temporary.