Re: [TowerTalk] BILL in the HOUSE

To: Lawrence Melby <lemii@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] BILL in the HOUSE
From: chas <chasm@texas.net>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 22:26:45 -0500
Lawrence Melby wrote:
> Be very careful of what they actually do and say. A few years ago the Dallas
> City Council modified thier antenna ordinance. We were assured that it was
> just to prevent someone from putting a tower in thier front yard. We took
> them at face vavlue. The problem is that the way it's worded and the way
> Dallas defines front yards actually prohibits towers in many locations in the
> city of Dallas. The city has taken the position that PRB-1 and Texas 250.002
> (Texas PRB-1 statue) don't come into play. My recent application for a new
> tower has been rejected, If I want to file an appeal I have to pay $900 for
> the appeal and buy two signs @ $10 apiece. With the attitude I have
> encountered at the building dept and city attorney's office it's doubtful I
> would win the appeal and may have to turn to the courts. So we need to watch
> this very closely. It could be benifical or  it could a nightmare.

I have lived in this woman's gerrymandered district (about 5 miles
wide and some 30 miles+ long stretching across North and down East
side of Harris County) for almost 30 yrs and have fought to have her
replaced because of her politics and racism.  She does nothing if not
for herself or her leftist party affiliates.  There MUST be another
reason for this proposed law.  I expect it is to register ALL ham
stations since the ARRL represents a small portion of the population.
Be very leery of anything Sheila Jackson Lee proposes.  and remember,
the most innocuous law can and will, probably be extended to be used
against the public instead of for it.  If Ted Poe or some other
Conservative proposed this, I would support it but I expect it would
not read the same.

73
chas hamilton
Houston, TX