Re: [TowerTalk] Advice pse : Log Periodic versus small Steppir

To: <lists@subich.com>, "EZ Rhino" <EZRhino@fastmovers.biz>, <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Advice pse : Log Periodic versus small Steppir
From: "Steve Katz" <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 08:15:37 -0700
::Can you reference any specific reports on this?  I haven't seen any, but then
I really haven't been looking for any, either.

My T8's been up since November 2001, so it's going on 8 years, through tons of
wind and lots of vibration and it's still perfect.

It is funny when a very heavy bird lands near the end of one of the longer
elements, though.  Element tip sag can be a few feet.   When the bird takes
off, the up and down motion of the element tip makes one wonder...but after
7-1/2 years and thousands of heavy birds landing and taking off, I stopped
worrying about it! -WB2WIK/6

>Reports of metal fatigue at the boom to element joints of the
Tennadyne antenna are quite common.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV<