Re: [TowerTalk] Yagi re-build question

To: "'John Kemker'" <john@kemker.org>, "'Brian Machesney'" <nekvtster@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Yagi re-build question
From: "K0SN" <k0sn@czo.net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 06:21:46 -0500
For cleaning the inside walls of tubing, where the next smaller piece of
tubing telescopes inside, I use the cylindrical-shaped wire brushes
that the plumbers have for cleaning copper pipe before they sweat the
joints together. First I cut the handles off, then chuck them into a
cordless drill. They come in various sizes, enough to cover all the
tubing you will encounter on a beam. Takes only seconds per joint.
I usually blow out the area with compressed air to remove any metal
filings that may be hanging around before reassembly.